What is Crunch?
Crunch is a wordlist generator where you can specify a standard character set or a character set you specify. Crunch can generate all possible combinations and permutations. Crunch can create a wordlist based on criteria you specify. The output from Crunch can be sent to the screen, file, or to another program.
- Crunch generates wordlists in both combination and permutation ways
it can breakup output by number of lines or file size
- Now has resume support
- Pattern now supports number and symbols
- Pattern now supports upper and lower case characters separately
- Adds a status report when generating multiple files
- New -l option for literal support of @,%^
- New -d option to limit duplicate characters see man file for details
- Now has unicode support
Note: We use Crunch for penetration testing our web servers, wireless AP's and for firewall testing. It's useful and can be used with programs or scripts to safeguard systems....